Proud Infidel ranting about the ongoing war against democratic and secular values (Don't fool yourselves)! Maybe a voice of sanity in a wide ocean of madness.

20121111

A last goodbye

It has taken me some time to write this.
Hard as it is to loose someone close to you- it's even harder to loose someone that you recently got to know.

I met her at my first semester as a med student. She was two terms over me.
We discovered that I and her kid brother had been skydiving togeteher in Lappland.

We met from time to time- mostly at the local MC- bar.
She was also a good mentor.

The last time I saw her was at the MC bar. We had a good time, having a few beers and chatting away.
When the hands of the clock pointed to midnight, I said to her that it was time for me to wrap it up and go home.

She looked at me and asked "Can't you stay a bit longer?"
I said "No, honey. I really must get to bed.
But I'll see you soon"

She looked at me with her beautiful eyes, then looked down and in a low de sotto voive said;
"I don't think so."
I did'nt think of it much then and there. After all, she was'nt among my closest friends, even though we had become "friends" after all this time.

Five weeks later she died of the cancer she had fought for three years, only four weeks after she passed her final exam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home