Proud Infidel ranting about the ongoing war against democratic and secular values (Don't fool yourselves)! Maybe a voice of sanity in a wide ocean of madness.

20090125

In the slammer- not really...

Yesterday evening, I was on my way home from an office party. I had two beers but together with the Oxycotine that was just enough for me, so I made it an early evening.

On my way home, my crutch slipped on some ice, my bad leg gave in and I fell to the ground.

When I'm trying to get up, a police van drives up to me. Two polices came at me and asked me "How I was doing".

Then they frisked me, taking all the stuff I had. They asked me if I had anything sharp on me and I said "Yes I have a multitool in my right jacket pocket".

Both polices- a man and a woman- emidiatly put their hands on their pistols! Then after taking the multitool they cuffed me and put me in the van.

I was like; HUH? This is like a scene from "Cops".

So there I am, asking if I atleast could make a phonecall. But no!

After five minutes they released me, gave all my possesions back (save for the multitool for some reason) and let me go on home.

The day after, I read in the papers that there had been an unussually violent night in the city with many fights between different leftist groups (AFA and nazis). I was all dressed in black casual clothes and that might have been the reason that the cops took me, as that is the "uniform colour" for both fractions.

BUT! How dangerous did they really think I were? A man with a crutch?
And I want back my frigging multitool!

Sigh!

4 Comments:

Blogger JMK said...

That is the problem with what can be euphemistically called "the business end of government" (the police) - many are prone to fear-fueled, overreaction.

Sadly that sort of thing happens just about EVERYWHERE.

What you describe is a very poor bit of "pattern analysis," a tool that every police officer SHOULD use to size up a situation - assessing the threat (age, infirmity, demeanor, etc) and dealing appropriately upon that assessment.

Those cops certainly didn't appear to do that.

Sunday 25 January 2009 at 17:59:00 CET

 
Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

oish..Do I have to come over there to take care of u!! :)

Monday 26 January 2009 at 01:05:00 CET

 
Blogger pela68 said...

Yes Angel please do. I need some chicken soup- or a relly angry woman...

Blargh! I'm getting really tiered of this knee-mess.
I'm going to have another surgery within a week, and on top of that off I will have to weare some sort of apparatus the days before that will measure my blood preasure 24 hours a day!

As I understand it, it is some sort of battery driven device that you weare around your'e waist, with a cuff on your arm, that checks your blood preassure every five minutes!

Yeah! That will make me sleep better!

So please, please come here and comfort me. It does not take much. I settle for a story from Winnie the Pooh...

Wednesday 28 January 2009 at 02:02:00 CET

 
Blogger Mikael said...

Dude, you must be the unluckiest guy i Sweden! :-)

Consider your self blessed the cops didn't caress your kidnies with a baton.

That happened to me once many years ago. He was quit professional about it actually. Hard enough to make it hurt like a SOB, but not enough to make me pee blood. Didn't even leave a mark.

That was the last time I was a wise guy in front of a copper.

Ouch!

Friday 6 February 2009 at 18:52:00 CET

 

Post a Comment

<< Home