Proud Infidel ranting about the ongoing war against democratic and secular values (Don't fool yourselves)! Maybe a voice of sanity in a wide ocean of madness.

20080516

Movie time

I like watching movies. As a military I also like watching movies about war. Not for the enjoyment of war, but because of the inplications and the history behind them. Saving private Ryan was one such movie that was very good in my mind. But there are better movies! The winter war (Talvisota), is probably the best movie picturing WWII I've ever seen, not only because my father was growing up in the area during the war, but also because of the acting, the sceneries and the gritty, dirty feeling of it. Buy it! Or if you know Finnish or Swedish you also can go here (not recommended, but it can be hard to get your hand on it otherwise...).



Tonight I will be watching Hogfather, an adaption of a Terry pratchett novel. I've never seen it but it has had some pretty good reviews. If you want and dare to, you can get it here (if you can stand the Swedish subs). But as allways I recommend you to buy it!



3 Comments:

Blogger Yankee Doodle said...

"The Winter War" - sounds interesting.

Enjoy!

Sunday 18 May 2008 at 01:54:00 CEST

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friend, if you enjoy good stories about actual historic events, may I recommend "Quartered Safe Out Here," by George MacDonald Fraser. Fraser recounts his own experience in Burma during WW II . . .

His insights alone are worth the price of the book and time it takes to read it. In fact, I plan to post on one of observations in the next couple of days.

Semper Fi

Monday 19 May 2008 at 22:13:00 CEST

 
Blogger pela68 said...

Speaking of movies:

I just saw "The wizard of Oz". It was the first time. IT WAS MAGIC! The special effects was tremendous concerning the time that it was done. The over- acting by Judy Garland can be over seen, but all those songs made up for it!

Ahhh!

Tuesday 20 May 2008 at 00:16:00 CEST

 

Post a Comment

<< Home