Proud Infidel ranting about the ongoing war against democratic and secular values (Don't fool yourselves)! Maybe a voice of sanity in a wide ocean of madness.

20071202

The first of Advent

So this day is 1:st of Advent, That means that I have to walk up all the stairs to the attic to bring down the big box of christmas ornaments. I'm not religious myself, but the whole christmas thingy is still- I think- a celebration for the kids.

So today I will light a candle. My son is going to have a treat of gingerbread. He will open another "hatchet [I'm not shure of the right English word] on his Christmas callendar. And I will take a sip or two of the customary "Glögg/Gluhewine" (even though I relly don't like it).

I like to think of this time of year in the sense that the old Vikings did. As a celebration for the oncoming spring and summer. But while wer'e here- just have some fun...

Happy holidays everyone!

2 Comments:

Blogger Captain USpace said...

Pela, this brings back memories of my youth, we always had Christmas Calendars with those little window doors things.

A most happy and a healthy to you and yours, enjoy!

Have fun!

MERRY HOLIDAYS
we all have our special ones
drink responsibly

world economy depends
on massive celebrations


for the holidays
we must get together
- before the world ends

ancient feelings
days will get longer again

:)
.

Sunday 2 December 2007 at 21:12:00 CET

 
Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

Happy holidays to u too my friend!..hugzzzzzzzzzz!

Monday 3 December 2007 at 20:53:00 CET

 

Post a Comment

<< Home