Proud Infidel ranting about the ongoing war against democratic and secular values (Don't fool yourselves)! Maybe a voice of sanity in a wide ocean of madness.

20070902

Vares part IV

Please scroll down for the other parts.

A Croatian military police, apparently in charge, came over with some companions to negotiate. He had 25 notches on the butstock of his AK 47- one for every kill he had made. Major Ekberg and the translator Ekenheim dismounted the SISU and started a discussion with the Croats. It was tense, very tense. After a while the aituation seemed to lighten up. We thought it was allright. But then- shure as a bill in the mailbox- a psycho HVO soldier comes driving in a white WV golf, stops, and gets out.

He is crazy as hell. Takes one of the LAW:s from the hands of an other soldier and points it at the second SISU ready to fire it off. In a moment the situation escalated, and I thought "Damn- This is it!"

It was one of those moments in ones life when time is standing still. I looked into the eyes of the Croatian soldier that I had in the sights of my 12,7 mm MG and I saw that he understood what was about to happen.

"I'm pressing in the trigger now!"

But a fraction of a second before the projectiles from my heavy MG would have ripped open the Croatian soldiers chest- one of the other Croatian soldiers downed the crazy guy with a straight right, and took away the LAW from him. I eased off on the trigger and felt that I had had it right on the triggerpoint. So damn close! Maby it would not be any killing after all?

Everybody took a breath of relief. If the man would have fired the LAW- then it would all had ended with only us or the Croatians remaning standing up. I felt my legs shaking. A part from the psychological strain and a part from having to stand up for half an hour in the same strained position.

The crazy guy left the place- if possible- even angrier accompanied by the squeeling from the tyres of his car.

The Croatian soldier that I had in my sights did not like me pointing my weapon on him and changed position. I followed him with the barrel. He showed with clear gestures that he felt provoced. I could not care less. We stared right in to each others eyes. Non of us wanted to be the one loosing this psyghological eye- wrestling. Suddenly in the middle of it all- I leaned out behind my MG and gave him a blink and a smile. I won the battle! He got so disturbed by this that he started to trample around like a dizzy hen...

To be continued...

2 Comments:

Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

wow Pela...............wow.
Hope youre havin a great holiday weekend!..:)

Monday 3 September 2007 at 03:13:00 CEST

 
Blogger Yankee Doodle said...

"He had 25 notches on the butstock of his AK 47- one for every kill he had made."

I would like to know if those "kills" were shooting back, or if that was just ethnic cleansing. Shooting unarmed civilians is, mechanically, very easy....

That's the way -- make the other guy back down. That's the kind of guts our side needs.

How did the Croats and the Muslims finish this as the good guys, and the Serbs as the bad guys?

In World War II the Nazi SS Muslim and Croat units were some of the worst.

Monday 3 September 2007 at 04:19:00 CEST

 

Post a Comment

<< Home