Proud Infidel ranting about the ongoing war against democratic and secular values (Don't fool yourselves)! Maybe a voice of sanity in a wide ocean of madness.

20070710

Roadtrip







So what does a guy do on his vacation? Go to the beautiful islands of Greece? Take a trip to Italy? Do some roaming around in France? Or even stay back home in the south of Sweden?

Nope!
I'll be taking my son on a 1600 km roadtrip to Saivomuotka!
Lapland; where I come from. The land of wilderness, salmon filled rivers and the home of the worlds only mosquito museum.

The land of the minight sun. My birthplace!

The land where men are manly and women are... err manlier.

he home of the largest bog in the world.

The place were you have to use a bandana over your mouth and nose, just to being able to breathe (for all the mosquitos).

The place were you possibly can get the best hamburgers in the world- and most defenitly the best raindeer kebab!

So from Saturday on- I don't know how much blogging I will be doing the coming weeks (this is definetly internet- free country) Not even cellphones works there!

7 Comments:

Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

Enjoy enjoy!..I'll miss ya!

Tuesday 10 July 2007 at 20:32:00 CEST

 
Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

tag!..ha

http://www.womanhonorthyself.com/?p=3964

Wednesday 11 July 2007 at 05:45:00 CEST

 
Blogger Flanders Fields said...

Great pictures, Pela!!

Damn, I would love to have a good hamburger. The burgers I have available are not even close to being a hamburger. I may come visit you!

I hope you have a great time, Pela. Enjoy your break and let us know when you are back. I came by on the tag you gave me and I am going to have to think about it, too.

Thanks for thinking of me. Have fun my friend. I lost my previous email account and your address when I did. I'll try to get another and let you know, when you are back and settled in.

Wednesday 11 July 2007 at 20:02:00 CEST

 
Blogger anticant said...

Have a great time up there and forget all about Islam for a while!

Thursday 12 July 2007 at 08:55:00 CEST

 
Blogger pela68 said...

Anticant

Yeah, the islamist there are far and few(c:

The main terror there is the bears (no, not really at this time of the season), and the mosquitoes (at THIS time of the season)!

Besides that, all you have to worry about is the occational drunken Sami. Just be sure to always carry a bottle of vodka and all will be fine!

Just joking! The people there is the nicest in the world (if I come back again).- (You figure out if I'm really joking this time (c;

Thursday 12 July 2007 at 23:22:00 CEST

 
Blogger pela68 said...

Flanders fields:

I'll be taking my camera along, so if you are interrested in more pictures from the Arctic I will happily provide you with them.

I'll try not to catch any virgin Sami girls on them...

He!

Thursday 12 July 2007 at 23:29:00 CEST

 
Blogger Flanders Fields said...

Just get the Sami girls. I'll look up the Arctic on National Geographic.

Have a good time, Pela, and come back with lots of photos - all kinds.

Friday 13 July 2007 at 15:17:00 CEST

 

Post a Comment

<< Home