Proud Infidel ranting about the ongoing war against democratic and secular values (Don't fool yourselves)! Maybe a voice of sanity in a wide ocean of madness.

20070606

It´s a 110 in the shadows

The past weekend I was out on a sniper refreshment class. The past few weeks had been mostly overcast and quite chilly. I was expecting to do the excercise in somewhat wet and muddy terrain- perfect for a sniper.

But lo and behold! Saturday morning (ver, very early) proved to be clear blue skies, with a temperature rising ever faster. Now- crawling around in the woods in the normal uniform (underware, shirt, fatigues, gloves, Aramide helmet, combat west and what not) ; is quite warm enough. But if you ad to that a makeshift camoflage gear meade out of burlap, strands of fabric from old army fatigues amd what ever you can find in the range of weeds, twigs with leafs, small under growth thingys and last season straws; you get seariously insulated.

The camouflage face- paint cloggs up the sweat pores in yor face, but when (not if) you start to sweat, it pours! After a while we all looked like racoons who had been trapped in a combined fabric, saw and paint factory that had exploded.

The uniform is supposed to be water or moisture protected. But what difference does it make when you get more wet from the inside out than the opposite?!

Late at night after crawlig through the woods, making about 75 meters in 8 hours. Laying on an ant mound, trying to get some sleep in my 100% sweat saturated clothes, I thought; "What the hell am I doing this for?"

It took me nearly two days to realize that; I´m doing this not only for me, but also for my family, my people and for you!

As allways. I´m aiming with a very steady hand. And my rifle is loaded with common sense...

4 Comments:

Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

Bless u my buddy and careful out there !

Thursday 7 June 2007 at 06:13:00 CEST

 
Blogger Yankee Doodle said...

Excellent, excellent narrative!

The content is very interesting, but I also notice that your English is getting better.

Agreed with Angel. I know I was thinking about you this weekend, appreciating your service, and I'm sure Angel was, too.

Certain things are pretty universal to military service: sweat, exhaustion, ants. Sand fleas are nice if you get a chance....

Keep up the good work, both in and out of the blogosphere! ;)

Thursday 7 June 2007 at 12:30:00 CEST

 
Blogger pela68 said...

Thank you my friend. Coming from you, it is like a Nobel price. I am humbled. You know were you can reach me for some deeper discussiions if you will.

Thanks a thousand times to Angel too. I´m very honoured to be on your spectral scale.

Do not do anything I would not do now... (Well actually, that leaves you with pretty much a free card to do just about anything)- but still!

(c;

Thursday 7 June 2007 at 13:31:00 CEST

 
Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

ah how sweet to be in such good company!

Friday 8 June 2007 at 06:10:00 CEST

 

Post a Comment

<< Home